Monday, April 29, 2013

It's a plane? A bird? No, it's the Leaning Tower of Pisa... sort of...

Location?  Somewhere on the road about 7 -8 hours away from Grafenwohr, Germany on the way to Southern France or maybe we were on the way to northern Italy?  No, I think it was France.  Actually, now that I think about it... I'm sure of it. 

What is it?  It's a public bathroom... somewhere at a rest stop 'somewhere'... Last  year, while still living in Germany, I had gone on a Military bus tour to southern France and we'd gotten on the bus sometime around midnight and this was probably about 7am?   Everyone got a kick out of the unusual bathroom.

I really liked this sign:  Local Technique.  No one wanted to open that door.   We didn't want to know.  Some things are best left 'un-known.'  Know what I mean? 



Anyway, it gave everyone a chance to stretch our legs, laugh a bit, and there were several photos taken.  At least this time, I wasn't the ONLY ONE taking photos of the bathroom.  

I was going through some of my old photo memory sticks and I thought that I'd share these 'bathroom' photos with you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so strange and neat!

iwouldratherbeknitting said...

As we pulled into the 'rest area' you couldn't see it from where the bus first pulled in... and then we were all laughing wondering if the bus driver had taken the wrong turn in the middle of the night-- instead of France that he'd gone to Italy instead!