Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The 'non-winter' in my part of the world...

The snowy Italian Alps as seen from our school's playground.   No snow has happened, yet, this winter in my part of northern Italy.   However, we've had a lot of rain which means a lot of snow happens on those mountains.   It's been a strange year of winter.   Super cold and many winter storms in the states and most of Europe is having a very warm winter.   Our temps haven't been to even freezing much less below freezing in several weeks.
I noticed some budding starting on the trees already.   Bulbs are pushing their green leaves up through the ground. 


2 comments:

Susan said...

What a gorgeous view! It has been a very warm winter here in Southern California. We need rain so bad, but none in the forecast. :( My lilacs have blooms already and my tulips are starting to push through the soil!

iwouldratherbeknitting said...

Thanks for visiting... Such a vast difference in winter in the various locations in the states. We've had too much rain here - actual flooding in the city center and other areas- I heard on the news that even Padova had some flooding.