Friday, June 21, 2013

Nove, Italy... the town of hand-painted Italian dishes...

Nove isn't that big of a place... however, there are small shops in homes, small stores, and factory stores all selling their hand-painted wares to the public.  They also custom create/design/paint dishes/etc. for national stores in the states too.   I love this mosaic olive set.    It's really difficult not to want to purchase many different patterns.  What holds me back is:  MONEY

Some more of the mosaic style platters.  The sunflowers are nice too.  (and the olives too- of course)

Some pitchers.

To give you an idea... this is just one part of one store... (it is a large shop though) and this one is my favorite.   All of the items in the photos for this blog entry are from this store.

I like the chicken.   The faces on the candlesticks?  Not so much.  

I love, LOVE this celedon green stuff.   ALL OF IT!  I did not buy any.  I only purchased one platter for myself and 2 small gifts.

They also have specialty items like the fish themed dishes.

I love the lace pattern too.  I think it would go well with the celedon colored dishes.

Tomatoes:  perfect for salads.


Which ones are your favorite?

No comments: