Sunday, April 5, 2009

Need a laugh? Have about 10 minutes to kill?

If so, check out this website by yahoo: http://omegle.com/

You'll be instantly connected w/ a random stranger.. (not exactly a chat room- you and the stranger are the only ones chatting or typing as I like to call it)

Anyway.. I found out about it on ravelry.com today. I had a couple of conservations.. and the one that made me laugh out loud was this one:

Connecting to server...
Looking for someone you can chat with. Hang on.
You're now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi!
Stranger: sir or ma'am?
You: hi random stranger
You: I'm a human.. and you?
Your conversational partner has disconnected.



I guess he/she was confused that I preferred to be known as a HUMAN .. after all.. what would it matter that I was male or female.. after all.. we weren't going to get married in the first 5 minutes, right?


Another one wanted to know if I was WHITE *I told him/her that my walls were white. lol *After all, what would that matter anyway? It was the first thing that the 'stranger' typed.


However, I will say that I had a nice long chat with a young man in Canada.. (unemployed) so the teacher part of me tried to help him.. and encouraged him to go to one of the employment centers (he called it: centres) to take those tests to help you find out what jobs you'd be inclined to well in...

AND.. I also had a nice conservations with someone in FINLAND..

Go check it out and let me know how it goes for you... and you can disconnect at any time.

No comments: