Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Lotus blossom flowers

This has to be one of my favorite photos that I took on my spring break. This was taken at a temple that was found on the grounds of the Cambodian President.

In case you don't know.. the lotus blossom is important to Buddist cultures.. because, legend (or the story?) goes that BUDDA was born on a lotus blossom. That is why you'll see it on carvings, paintings, etc.. in countries that participate in the Buddist religion. *iwouldratherbeknitting knows this because she has lived in various ASIAN countries for 14 years. It just doesn't seem like that much time has passed.

*To really appreciate the photos- you need to click on them...

3 comments:

susanc said...

Those are gorgeous pictures. Here in the L.A. area is Echo Park and there is a gorgeous "lake" (man-made) with lotus flowers. They have a festival every year. I should try and get some pics next time I'm going to Downtown to the bead shops. That purple is beautiful. I believe the ones here are white, if I remember correctly.

Carolyn said...

Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for posting these pictures!

p.s. I just tagged you with a meme, on my blog.

Details here:
http://tinyurl.com/4pjz2c

iwouldratherbeknitting said...

Thanks all.. I do love how the little bees show up so clear!