Friday, May 3, 2013

Some photos of the Leaning Tower of Pisa... (I have more, many more photos of this place...)




Lots of great statues and decorative features on the buildings and the faces are all different.  Or maybe, I notice them more because I always "LOOK UP"



This helps with the scale of how big this area is... it is also surrounded by a stone wall...  The second time that I saw this place when I lived in Gaeta, Italy (photos of that amazing place are on my blog) I stayed in a hotel just to the right of the far group of trees.   We were less than 2 blocks away and had a view of the tower from the hotel window.   One of the best view from a hotel that I can remember ever enjoying?    I had a 'room' with a view for sure.

I am always in awe of the beauty of the buildings here.  Of course, the first time that I saw this place-- I was a little surprised at how many different buildings there were- after all... you usually only see photos of the Leaning Tower of Pisa.   *Click on the photos for a larger/clearer view.



1 comment:

iwouldratherbeknitting said...

Thank you. It really is such a wonderful sight to see.