Thursday, March 14, 2013

Kitty knitted goodies...


A friend was recently 'pet sitting' two cats for a few weeks.  He said that the cats were very aloof and they were like invisible pets.   He was in a small apartment and he could tell where they had been/etc. but, they rarely interacted or acknowledged his presence.   I decided to use some scrap yarn and knit them some wool toys from left over sock yarn to knit him some toys for the cats and maybe some 'favor' from the kitties.

The yarn is from my first pair of socks.  http://iwouldratherbeknitting.blogspot.it/search/label/socks

I just knitted and made things up as I went along.  I made a little mouse and a stingray.   The stingray had earlier beginnings here...http://iwouldratherbeknitting.blogspot.it/2013/01/when-good-knitting-goes-bad-by-accident.html   

You might recognize the body of the stingray from the previous blog entry linked above.  I even stitched the little smiling stingray mouth on the underside.

He reported that the kitties ignored the knitted toys the same as they ignored him.   Oh well.




No comments: