Sunday, December 9, 2012

Felting success and good intentions...

I knitted this purse 1 1/2 years ago.  I used the new yarn line from Knitpicks (at the time anyway) that had a gradual long color change.   I used a rainbow colored yarn and I also used a solid blue to tie the colors together.

Then, I felted it... dramatic demonstration of how much the felting changed the size of the purse,
 utilizing my 'fun fur' flip/flop that I made that summer too.

Have I put a purse handle on it?   No.   Have I gifted this to the person that I knitted it for?  No.
Have I knitted a purse for myself in a different colorway?   No...

Ahh, such good intentions.   Honest... I had them. 

Meanwhile, I need to get back to unpacking the boxes of 'stuff'... that the movers left.   Because, as much as I'd wish otherwise I know that they aren't going to unpack without my help.

PS  I discoverd a great 'local' neighborhood pizza/pasta/restaurant tonight.   Food was great, cheap, and served in large portions.   The bread served was also fresh and very good.   I wonder if there is a 'bakery' in town somewhere?

So, what have you been putting off?   Any knitting projects like this in the 'almost' finished stage/s?
 

No comments: