Monday, July 28, 2008

More photos of Germany

Here are some more photos... it truly is a beautiful area and I wish that there was some sort of 'see the world' plan for all citizens so that anyone who wants to travel gets to do so. I'm grateful that my job just happens to be in overseas locations.


You see flowers in windows and on balconies everywhere. *Also true of northern Italy.


Looks like many locations in the states, doesn't it?


Some of the houses in the small villages here and in Italy are often extremely close to the roads. I'm sure it was because the villages are so old- that they were around when horses, those walking, or wagons were the modes of available transportation and as a result- this was as wide as they could make the streets to accommodate the modern forms of transportation.


Now, I wonder... what was the reason or zoning situation that caused this to happen?


More photos to come.

5 comments:

Renna said...

Maybe that last shot was to accommodate a horse and buggy to stop and let off it's riders?

I'm enjoying the beautiful pictures! :-)

Unknown said...

That last photo is definately interesting, Something you don't see around here :)

HODGEPODGESPV said...

whoopee pictures and more pictures! i loved germany! this does not seem to be in an area i am familier with...tho things may have changed a lot since i was 15.

Nancy Hay said...

I love your pictures! I lived in Graf in 1969&70 and am looking for familiar scenes. I remember the gray days and cold in the winter. I loved the Christmas market in Nurenberg. Many fond memories. Thanks

iwouldratherbeknitting said...

Thanks for your comment Nancy... I hope I survive my first winter. Apparently, it's a SNOWY winter.. more than usual they tell me... all I can say is.. snow should be enjoyed as it was meant to be: NOT HAVING TO DRIVE TO WORK! :D