Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Look at what I have now...

It's my first pet that I've had in over 27 years!   I never thought that it was fair to try to take care of a pet and moving/living all over the world.   So, I waited until I returned to the states... which I have recently done.

This little guy was from a litter of 4 kittens that were born in my friend's backyard.  I was staying with her while I was waiting for the closing on my house.  Unfortunately, their mom (a wild stray) died when they were only 3 weeks old.  I had to step in and take care of them with bottle feeding/etc.

I brought them to my new house (well, it is an old 1932 era house- but, new to me) when they were only 4 weeks old.  I kept them all until they were 3 months old and I found good homes for the other siblings.   There were 2 boys and 2 girls.   All sweet.

I actually have 2 cats.   The other one is a female that is about 5 months older?  She was wild (also born in my friend's backyard) and it took me a month to tame her enough so that she would allow me to touch her.

This is Henry.  He was only about 3 weeks old and just learning how to turn over.



His eyes were the baby blue color that most kittens have, then they turned
grey and they then turned a nice green color when he got older.



 See the blue paint on his nose?  He was helping me paint the outside bench.


This is Henry's brother.   If I could have afforded to take care of 3 cats-
I would have kept him too.   He was the sweetest cat that I have ever
known and he was very attached to me.   He and his sister (they were bonded
together) went to the same home together.
 

No comments: